What is the Kia Soul Safety Rating?
The 2019 Kia Soul is a popular compact crossover among Grosse Pointe-area families and critics alike, thanks to its comfortable interior, efficient performance, and advanced safety features. In fact, the Kia Soul safety rating from the NHTSA and the IIHS show that this SUV is a smart buy for shoppers.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
When it comes to the Kia safety rating for the Soul, this is how it scored with the NHTSA:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 Stars
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
The 2019 Kia Soul is an IIHS Top Safety Pick, making it a safe choice for driving the carpool around St. Clair Shores. The Soul received these crashworthiness and mitigation ratings:
- Small overlap front
- Driver Side: Good
- Passengers Side: Acceptable
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
Crash Avoidance and Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior (with optional equipment)
- Headlights: Good (with certain trims/options)
Child Seat Anchors (LATCH) Ease Of Use: Acceptable
Notable Safety Features
The Kia Soul safety ratings are thanks to this crossover’s noteworthy safety features, which include:
- Standard Airbags: Passengers are protected by dual front advanced, front seat-mounted side, and full-length side curtain airbags.
- Standard Rear Camera Display: Using the rearview camera, parallel parking in Sterling Heights is safer and easier.
- Available Driver Assists: The Soul offers available Autonomous Emergency Braking, a Forward Collision Warning System, Smart Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning System, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
Test Drive a Kia Soul at Jeffrey Kia
More From Jeffrey Kia
The Kia Sportage is one of the most popular SUVs on the market so it’s no surprise so many Grosse Pointe and Warren customers are heading toward Jeffrey Kia to get behind the wheel of this stylish vehicle. And, one of the first things customers will want to know is: What is the Kia Sportage price? Well,…
The 2019 Kia Sorento is a great option for Grosse Pointe drivers in the market for a reliable and family-friendly SUV. And what could be more family-friendly than an SUV that offers 3rd-row seating? The 3rd-row seating inside the Kia Sorento allows seven passengers to fit comfortably, along with plenty of cargo space and advanced features…
The 2020 Kia Soul is hitting the roads of Grosse Pointe and turning heads along the way, and for good reason. This updated model offers a high-end and comfortable interior with plenty of connected and amenity features along with enough room for passengers and cargo. See for yourself just how spacious the Kia Soul cabin is…