What is the Kia Soul Safety Rating?
The 2019 Kia Soul is a popular compact crossover among Grosse Pointe-area families and critics alike, thanks to its comfortable interior, efficient performance, and advanced safety features. In fact, the Kia Soul safety rating from the NHTSA and the IIHS show that this SUV is a smart buy for shoppers.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
When it comes to the Kia safety rating for the Soul, this is how it scored with the NHTSA:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 Stars
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
The 2019 Kia Soul is an IIHS Top Safety Pick, making it a safe choice for driving the carpool around St. Clair Shores. The Soul received these crashworthiness and mitigation ratings:
- Small overlap front
- Driver Side: Good
- Passengers Side: Acceptable
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
Crash Avoidance and Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior (with optional equipment)
- Headlights: Good (with certain trims/options)
Child Seat Anchors (LATCH) Ease Of Use: Acceptable
Notable Safety Features
The Kia Soul safety ratings are thanks to this crossover’s noteworthy safety features, which include:
- Standard Airbags: Passengers are protected by dual front advanced, front seat-mounted side, and full-length side curtain airbags.
- Standard Rear Camera Display: Using the rearview camera, parallel parking in Sterling Heights is safer and easier.
- Available Driver Assists: The Soul offers available Autonomous Emergency Braking, a Forward Collision Warning System, Smart Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning System, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
Test Drive a Kia Soul at Jeffrey Kia
The Kia Soul safety ratings make it a smart buy for families. Contact us in Roseville to browse our Soul inventory and schedule a test drive and to explore the Kia Soul interior, performance, reviews, and more in person. We’d also love to help you learn more about 2020 Optima trims if you’d prefer a sedan.
More From Jeffrey Kia
Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores drivers have five different 2020 Kia Optima trim levels to choose from. No matter if you reach for the Optima EX Premium, Optima S, Optima EX, or the Optima SX, enjoy a competitive price without sacrificing the features you love the most. Our team at Jeffrey Kia wants you to make an informed…
Do you want to add efficiency to your everyday drives around Grosse Pointe? Our team at Jeffrey Kia is here to help you learn how the redesigned 2020 Kia Optima can take your daily drives through St. Clair Shores to the next level. Discover more about Kia Optima gas mileage, and find your favorite model available in our inventory….
The 2020 Kia Soul colors has been updated for the new model year, and the available Kia Soul colors have been refreshed to boot. To help Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores drivers decide which Kia Soul colors are right for them, the team at Jeffrey Kia has put together a complete guide for your reference! View Soul Inventory…