What is the Kia Soul Safety Rating?
The 2019 Kia Soul is a popular compact crossover among Grosse Pointe-area families and critics alike, thanks to its comfortable interior, efficient performance, and advanced safety features. In fact, the Kia Soul safety rating from the NHTSA and the IIHS show that this SUV is a smart buy for shoppers.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
When it comes to the Kia safety rating for the Soul, this is how it scored with the NHTSA:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 Stars
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
The 2019 Kia Soul is an IIHS Top Safety Pick, making it a safe choice for driving the carpool around St. Clair Shores. The Soul received these crashworthiness and mitigation ratings:
- Small overlap front
- Driver Side: Good
- Passengers Side: Acceptable
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
Crash Avoidance and Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior (with optional equipment)
- Headlights: Good (with certain trims/options)
Child Seat Anchors (LATCH) Ease Of Use: Acceptable
Notable Safety Features
The Kia Soul safety ratings are thanks to this crossover’s noteworthy safety features, which include:
- Standard Airbags: Passengers are protected by dual front advanced, front seat-mounted side, and full-length side curtain airbags.
- Standard Rear Camera Display: Using the rearview camera, parallel parking in Sterling Heights is safer and easier.
- Available Driver Assists: The Soul offers available Autonomous Emergency Braking, a Forward Collision Warning System, Smart Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning System, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
Test Drive a Kia Soul at Jeffrey Kia
More From Jeffrey Kia
If you’ve got your eye on the market for a reliable SUV that can offer a more fuel-efficient commute around Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores, then check out the 2020 Kia Sportage MPG ratings! The fuel economy ratings of the Kia Sportage can differ by engine and performance specs seen between the first three trim levels and…
The 2020 Kia Soul is now available at Jeffrey Kia, and Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores drivers are clamoring for more information about this popular Kia sedan. Since the Kia Soul’s debut model 10 years ago, critics and drivers have singled out praise for its interior features, safety ratings, and robust warranty. But what do the critics have…
The 2020 Kia Sportage towing capacity offers one of the strongest towing performances Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores drivers can expect from an SUV in its class. It delivers a standard towing capacity of 1,650 pounds, and when properly equipped, it can reach a maximum towing capacity of 2,000 pounds. Learn more about the Sportage’s impressive performance…