What is the Kia Soul Safety Rating?
The 2019 Kia Soul is a popular compact crossover among Grosse Pointe-area families and critics alike, thanks to its comfortable interior, efficient performance, and advanced safety features. In fact, the Kia Soul safety rating from the NHTSA and the IIHS show that this SUV is a smart buy for shoppers.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
When it comes to the Kia safety rating for the Soul, this is how it scored with the NHTSA:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 Stars
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
The 2019 Kia Soul is an IIHS Top Safety Pick, making it a safe choice for driving the carpool around St. Clair Shores. The Soul received these crashworthiness and mitigation ratings:
- Small overlap front
- Driver Side: Good
- Passengers Side: Acceptable
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
Crash Avoidance and Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior (with optional equipment)
- Headlights: Good (with certain trims/options)
Child Seat Anchors (LATCH) Ease Of Use: Acceptable
Notable Safety Features
The Kia Soul safety ratings are thanks to this crossover’s noteworthy safety features, which include:
- Standard Airbags: Passengers are protected by dual front advanced, front seat-mounted side, and full-length side curtain airbags.
- Standard Rear Camera Display: Using the rearview camera, parallel parking in Sterling Heights is safer and easier.
- Available Driver Assists: The Soul offers available Autonomous Emergency Braking, a Forward Collision Warning System, Smart Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning System, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
Test Drive a Kia Soul at Jeffrey Kia
The Kia Soul safety ratings make it a smart buy for families. Contact us in Roseville to browse our Soul inventory and schedule a test drive and to explore the Kia Soul interior, performance, reviews, and more in person.
More From Jeffrey Kia
Auto Detail Packages Waxing a car protects paint against wear and tear, but many drivers find themselves confused when it comes to scheduling. If you’re wondering “How often should I wax my car?”, Jeffrey Kia is here to tell you all the details! How to Wax a Car Experts recommend waxing a car twice a…
The 2020 Kia Soul is finally here, and starting at only $17,490 MSRP, it’s just as affordable as ever! But which of the six available 2020 Kia Soul configurations offers all the features and functionality you need to take on your drives between Grosse Pointe and Sterling Heights? The team at Jeffrey Kia will help you compare Kia…
Now that the 2020 Kia Telluride release date has come to pass, drivers from Sterling Heights and Warren have been making their way over to Jeffrey Kia to get behind the wheel of this popular new SUV! Featuring the latest comfort, connectivity, and convenience advancements, the Kia Telluride has everything you need to keep content and connected…