What is the Kia Soul Safety Rating?
The 2019 Kia Soul is a popular compact crossover among Grosse Pointe-area families and critics alike, thanks to its comfortable interior, efficient performance, and advanced safety features. In fact, the Kia Soul safety rating from the NHTSA and the IIHS show that this SUV is a smart buy for shoppers.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
When it comes to the Kia safety rating for the Soul, this is how it scored with the NHTSA:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 Stars
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
The 2019 Kia Soul is an IIHS Top Safety Pick, making it a safe choice for driving the carpool around St. Clair Shores. The Soul received these crashworthiness and mitigation ratings:
- Small overlap front
- Driver Side: Good
- Passengers Side: Acceptable
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
Crash Avoidance and Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior (with optional equipment)
- Headlights: Good (with certain trims/options)
Child Seat Anchors (LATCH) Ease Of Use: Acceptable
Notable Safety Features
The Kia Soul safety ratings are thanks to this crossover’s noteworthy safety features, which include:
- Standard Airbags: Passengers are protected by dual front advanced, front seat-mounted side, and full-length side curtain airbags.
- Standard Rear Camera Display: Using the rearview camera, parallel parking in Sterling Heights is safer and easier.
- Available Driver Assists: The Soul offers available Autonomous Emergency Braking, a Forward Collision Warning System, Smart Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning System, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
Test Drive a Kia Soul at Jeffrey Kia
More From Jeffrey Kia
Many Grosse Pointe drivers in the market for a new Kia may ask, “Does Kia make a truck?” Currently, Kia doesn’t offer a truck in the U.S., but they do offer the Kia Bongo is a popular pickup truck in South Korea, Indonesia, and Australia, and features a unique cab-over-engine. Over the years, American buyers have…
The 2019 Kia Sportage is a versatile and exciting vehicle to drive on the Grosse Pointe streets. And when it comes to the 2019 Kia Sportage MPG, you can rest assured you’ll be getting a vehicle you can rely on for maximum fuel efficiency. Explore the Kia Sportage MPG in more detail below or head to…
Drivers around Grosse Pointe looking to upgrade to a new reliable sedan for themselves for their families should look no further than the 2019 Kia Optima lineup. Whether you’re drawn to the 2019 Kia LX, S, EX, or SX, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for at a price you’ll appreciate. Here’s what you can expect…