What is the Kia Soul Safety Rating?
The 2019 Kia Soul is a popular compact crossover among Grosse Pointe-area families and critics alike, thanks to its comfortable interior, efficient performance, and advanced safety features. In fact, the Kia Soul safety rating from the NHTSA and the IIHS show that this SUV is a smart buy for shoppers.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
When it comes to the Kia safety rating for the Soul, this is how it scored with the NHTSA:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 Stars
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
The 2019 Kia Soul is an IIHS Top Safety Pick, making it a safe choice for driving the carpool around St. Clair Shores. The Soul received these crashworthiness and mitigation ratings:
- Small overlap front
- Driver Side: Good
- Passengers Side: Acceptable
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
Crash Avoidance and Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior (with optional equipment)
- Headlights: Good (with certain trims/options)
Child Seat Anchors (LATCH) Ease Of Use: Acceptable
Notable Safety Features
The Kia Soul safety ratings are thanks to this crossover’s noteworthy safety features, which include:
- Standard Airbags: Passengers are protected by dual front advanced, front seat-mounted side, and full-length side curtain airbags.
- Standard Rear Camera Display: Using the rearview camera, parallel parking in Sterling Heights is safer and easier.
- Available Driver Assists: The Soul offers available Autonomous Emergency Braking, a Forward Collision Warning System, Smart Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning System, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
Test Drive a Kia Soul at Jeffrey Kia
The Kia Soul safety ratings make it a smart buy for families. Contact us in Roseville to browse our Soul inventory and schedule a test drive and to explore the Kia Soul interior, performance, reviews, and more in person. We’d also love to help you learn more about 2020 Optima trims if you’d prefer a sedan.
More From Jeffrey Kia
Grosse Pointe drivers love the cargo space offered by SUVs, and they’re really going to be impressed with the 2021 Kia Seltos dimensions. This new Kia SUV offers more cargo space than competitors like the 2020 Toyota RAV4, without sacrificing passenger comfort and vehicle style. Take a look inside at the Kia Seltos cargo space and…
We don’t know about you, but we don’t like emptying our bank account to fill up our gas tank. Most of our Grosse Pointe customers don’t like to, either. Maybe that’s why they seem so impressed with the 2020 Kia Soul‘s gas mileage. We think you’ll be impressed with the Kia Soul fuel economy, too, when…
If you’re looking for a new crossover or SUV to tackle both weekend adventures and weekly errands alike? If so, the 2020 Kia Sorento towing capacity is likely of interest to you. Our team at Jeffrey Kia is happy to help you learn more about the 2020 Kia Sorento towing capacity today! We want you to…