Preparing Your Emergency Roadside Kit
If you’re driving around Sterling Heights, you want to make sure you’re prepared for the unexpected. Check out this helpful emergency car kit guide from Jeffrey Kia, and take another step toward getting ready for your next road trip.
Emergency DIY Kit
When thinking about how to put your emergency car kit together, a number of important factors are worth taking into consideration, such as:
- Who will be in the car? – If it’s just your daily commuter, you won’t need to pack items for more than one person. But if you have a large family or pets you’ll be toting around, then make sure there are emergency items for everyone – friend or fido.
- What’s the regional terrain and weather like? – Driving through St. Clair Shores, you’re not going to need to plan to encounter any hurricanes, but you could come up against difficult terrain in the Sterling Heights area. It’s best to plan ahead, but don’t pack more than the essentials.
What should I bring?
Here are some of the most important tools to have on hand:
- Jumper cables
- Tire pressure gauge
- 1-2 quarts of motor oil
- 1 gallon of coolant
- Flashlights w/extra batteries
- Tire jack
- Windshield washer fluid
- Tools like wrench, pliers, screwdriver
- Snacks and energy bars
- Plenty of water
- Winter kit if driving outside the area (ice scraper, blankets, hats, gloves, scarves)
Get Your Next Adventure Vehicle from Jeffrey Kia
There are many reasons that drivers in Sterling Heights know they can turn to Jeffrey Kia for all their vehicle needs. Whether you need an emergency roadside kit or vehicle service, our dealership is here to help you out.
Latest News from Jeffrey Kia
If you’ve got your eye on the market for a reliable SUV that can offer a more fuel-efficient commute around Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores, then check out the 2020 Kia Sportage MPG ratings! The fuel economy ratings of the Kia Sportage can differ by engine and performance specs seen between the first three trim levels and…
The 2020 Kia Soul is now available at Jeffrey Kia, and Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores drivers are clamoring for more information about this popular Kia sedan. Since the Kia Soul’s debut model 10 years ago, critics and drivers have singled out praise for its interior features, safety ratings, and robust warranty. But what do the critics have…
The 2020 Kia Sportage towing capacity offers one of the strongest towing performances Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores drivers can expect from an SUV in its class. It delivers a standard towing capacity of 1,650 pounds, and when properly equipped, it can reach a maximum towing capacity of 2,000 pounds. Learn more about the Sportage’s impressive performance…