Preparing Your Emergency Roadside Kit
If you’re driving around Sterling Heights, you want to make sure you’re prepared for the unexpected. Check out this helpful emergency car kit guide from Jeffrey Kia, and take another step toward getting ready for your next road trip.
Emergency DIY Kit
When thinking about how to put your emergency car kit together, a number of important factors are worth taking into consideration, such as:
- Who will be in the car? – If it’s just your daily commuter, you won’t need to pack items for more than one person. But if you have a large family or pets you’ll be toting around, then make sure there are emergency items for everyone – friend or fido.
- What’s the regional terrain and weather like? – Driving through St. Clair Shores, you’re not going to need to plan to encounter any hurricanes, but you could come up against difficult terrain in the Sterling Heights area. It’s best to plan ahead, but don’t pack more than the essentials.
What should I bring?
Here are some of the most important tools to have on hand:
- Jumper cables
- Tire pressure gauge
- 1-2 quarts of motor oil
- 1 gallon of coolant
- Flashlights w/extra batteries
- Tire jack
- Windshield washer fluid
- Tools like wrench, pliers, screwdriver
- Snacks and energy bars
- Plenty of water
- Winter kit if driving outside the area (ice scraper, blankets, hats, gloves, scarves)
Get Your Next Adventure Vehicle from Jeffrey Kia
There are many reasons that drivers in Sterling Heights know they can turn to Jeffrey Kia for all their vehicle needs. Whether you need an emergency roadside kit or vehicle service, our dealership is here to help you out.
Latest News from Jeffrey Kia
Do you want to add efficiency to your everyday drives around Grosse Pointe? Our team at Jeffrey Kia is here to help you learn how the redesigned 2020 Kia Optima can take your daily drives through St. Clair Shores to the next level. Discover more about Kia Optima gas mileage, and find your favorite model available in our inventory….
The 2020 Kia Soul colors has been updated for the new model year, and the available Kia Soul colors have been refreshed to boot. To help Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores drivers decide which Kia Soul colors are right for them, the team at Jeffrey Kia has put together a complete guide for your reference! View Soul Inventory…
Auto Detail Packages Waxing a car protects paint against wear and tear, but many drivers find themselves confused when it comes to scheduling. If you’re wondering “How often should I wax my car?”, Jeffrey Kia is here to tell you all the details! How to Wax a Car Experts recommend waxing a car twice a…