Strange Car Noises
You’re driving through the roads of Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores, when suddenly, you hear something odd. Whether it’s a high-pitched squeak or a low-pitched clank, these strange car noises can ruin your day. But luckily, these car sounds can also provide the clues you need to identify the problem – and the folks at Jeffrey Kia can help. Take a look at our guide to the most common car sounds below, so you know whether to jumpstart your car or call a tow.
High-Pitched Car Sounds
The high-pitched frequency of squeaks and squeals are difficult to ignore, but be sure to take note of when you hear these car sounds. Do they appear while braking or while cruising down the highways of Sterling Heights? Every detail you notice gets you one step closer to resolving the issue.
- Braking: Squeaky brakes are a classic sign of worn brake pads.
- Cabin: Whistling inside the cabin indicates problems with your weatherstripping.
- Engine: Do you hear a squeal before the engine shuts off? Your belt may be damaged, so you might look into a replacement part.
Clunks and clangs aren’t always as easy to spot as high-pitched squeaking, so listen closely if you suspect your car may need a trip to the shop. In particular, try to identify the location of the strange car noises.
- Under the Hood: Rhythmic ticking under the hood may mean an issue with oil levels or valves.
- Under the Car: The issue might be your exhaust pipe or muffler, or it could be your suspension or shock absorbers.
- By the Tires: Your tire tread, pressure, or alignment could use some work. Whether you need a rotation or a full replacement, be sure to get to the dealership soon.
Jeffrey Kia Can Help!
Whether you notice a grinding sound when starting car or a loud clunk over speed bumps, Jeffrey Kia can banish those strange car noises for good. We’re located in Roseville, and we’re always ready to help a Michigan driver! You can even schedule your service online for your convenience. Still have questions about those odd car sounds? Feel free to contact us for recommendations.